5/20/2014

Over the edge

Two cards for one challenge over at addicted to CAS challenge 38. I took the opportunity to play a bit with watercolors after taking the online class. I do prefer the one with the stars, but the pictures don't do justice to both of them. Maybe taking the picture in the garden was not the best idea....

I may try a third one, will see how the evening goes.

Both were created by watercolouring and then using salt, as seen on the current Watercolor online class. I do prefer the result on the blue one, the second one is to ... busy for me.



Some details (but I can't find a way to take a decent picture of this cards, it seems...).

Nobody will guess, with this pictures, that the stars in the first (blue) one are die cutted in white card stock and then inserted in the die cutted holes of the painting. Same for the red hearts in the second one.... Plus the big red heart has and embosed smaller heart inside..... and Wink of Stella. And nobody on the web will notice, snif, snif!

I may need to take a "Use your Canon" course, eh!



3 comments:

  1. Two beautiful designs Ili - love the vibrant colours. Thank you for playing along at ATCAS - Sylvia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent watercoloring with salt, Ileanna! I love them both! Thank you for playing in the Off the Edge challenge at ATCAS!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete